HybridZ

Rebuilding Inline ZXT. OEM parts?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wanted to tap everyone's knowledge here and ask what the general opinion is on using aftermarket or Nissan bearings and other hard parts for the rebuild of an 82 ZXT engine. No mods internally.

I have heard some say "go with what brought you"; meaning use genuine Nissan because the engines lasted an insane amount of time. Still, aftermarket can be had for less $$$ and I tend to question the US aftermarket when it comes to IMPORT parts. If I were building a domestic engine this question would not even be asked.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: cborden ]

I didn't know you had a Nissan connection Richard! icon_biggrin.gif (This is in Canada?) I haven't even gotten around to looking into a rebuild yet. I just got my custom made ZXT engine stand (Lets you run the engine right on the stand) but I haven't even tried to fire it up yet. Can you tell me how much you paid for rings, bearings and gaskets?

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I'll second that. I specifically need rings, bearings, turbo oil pump, timing chain kit, crank seals, etc. I think I will go with Fel-Pro gaskets and ARP studs for the head.

Would your friend quote that stuff for us, Drax?

Guest Anonymous

i going to be starting my zxt rebuild in a couple of weeks. drax, would you mind if i contact you and let you know what i need when i crack the motor open? thanks!