HybridZ

Custom Air Dam

Mdantonio

I am about to make a custom air dam from aluminum.  Ive sketched it out and will incorporate the headlight buckets (keep original size/dimensions), bumper (240z style), and lower air dam but keep it all with the lines of the car so it does not look aftermarket or afterthought.  I can have the design made of fiberglass significantly cheaper, however, the aluminum air dam (Should I go that route) would serve as the chuck for fiberglassing the models if anyone else were interested in a custom dam.  I have posted the quarter emblem/logo I came up with in another thread....  http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/104678-v8-scarab-registrationnumberinglogos/page-2

Before I get started, has anyone done this already?  I found links to the MSA and other aftermarket air dams but wanted to see if anyone had come up with something more unique but reproduceable?

post-35766-0-02412500-1359738552_thumb.jpg

post-35766-0-86142400-1359738573_thumb.jpg

post-35766-0-63896800-1359738594_thumb.jpg

post-35766-0-33550700-1359738623_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Zrossa, thanks and very nice! It's always neat to see different interpretations of the zcar, yours looks great! Nice work and I look forward to the finished product!

I am looking to incorporate an airdam the stays with the original body lines of the car so I sketched it up, created my own quarter logos out of polished aluminum and made one for the front hood. I sketched a front and rear and should have them done in a couple months...I'll post pics then...I also incorporated diffusers on the rear and kept the body lines from body side flowing to the front and rear...I haven't seen any that have done this the way I'm envisioning this will turn out yet but haven't seen too many I didn't like either...I'll flare the front fender slightly, maybe 1/4 inch at most so very slight exaggeration of original (simply extend the original form) but am keeping original lines...always thought the 240/260/280 would look better with airdams that worked the bumpers and open space into the hood lines, fender lines, and body lines including completing the open space in the front with soft transitions and keeping with original lines....so setting the bar high lets see if I can deliver. I went aluminum so I can make a mold in the event others like them...I'm not big on hoarding concepts etcetera...cool cars even more fun to customize!