HybridZ

Is it a problem if my 75 280z doesn't have a Radatior Reserve coolant tank and Coolant flushing question

Just curious because I'm not seeing on and to my knowledge its suppose to be in front of the radiator on the passenger side  correct? I think read that some of the older Zs didn't come with on and it just has a hose that drains access on the ground correct?

Also I want to do a flush of the coolant and was looking through the FSM and it says to remove the drain plug on the side of the cylinder block and set the heater system control valve to open? My question is wheres the drain plug on the block located and system control valve would that be switching the heater to on the on position in the car?

The coolant bottle is located in front of the radiator and behind the 280z right indicator. If you dont have one the coolant that is pushed out due to thermal expansion will be lost. You will get an air gap in the top of the radiator when its cold. The fluid will drop about 1" to 1-1/2" when its cold.

Some say this can have a negative effect on corrosion. Negative meaning it will increase it. Air contains oxygen and everytime the egine heats up and cools down its refreshing the supply of oxygen. This will brake down the inhibitor over time.

The drain plug is located behind the exhaust manifold just before the transmission (about 5" in front of transmission). You will need a 22mm socket.

I took mine out to make room for intercooling pipe.  Ending up wedging an one quart plastic oil bottle in the corner and sticking my over flow hose in it.   My temps stay low so it doesn't seem to punk anything out, but it is there just in case.