HybridZ

Maxima Distributor?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm putting an 81 L28 in my 71 240z. Only problem is I don't have a distributor except for my old 240z one, and I can't find any zcar distributors in any of the junkyards around here. Does anyone know if I could just use a maxima distributor? Also, they have E12-93 ignition modules on the side, from what I've seen in junkyards. My engine will be carbureted and I've heard these ignition modules use a bunch of sensors and an ECM that my car won't have. icon_confused.gif

Should I, could I switch the ignition module to an E12-80. I've seen them on datsun's all over the place. Will this work?

thanks

Rob

Guest Anonymous

You would like the results of what I did. I run MSD6A box, wires, and coil......with a Elec. pickup distributor of a 75 (dual pickup). Works very well, never misses a lick and I can spin 7200 rpm without pulsing.

jake

Yeah the 81-84maxima distributor will work. If I remember right, one wire goes to the -coil terminal and the other wire to the +terminal. However the later model distributors have a plug at the bottom of the module, you don't need it, but I'm not sure what will happen if you leave it un-connected. Although I know that if later you can get your hands on a earlier module, it'll fit on the newer distributor.