HybridZ

how to get 14.0 or faster?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok, i bought a 79 2seater that i'm gonna use as a race car(not anythin fance, just and adrenilne rush) it has the N42 block and N47 head, i was thinkin about puttin in forged pistons to get 10:1 CR, a cam, header, 2.25" straight pipe, bigger TB and AFM and NOS. does anyone know if this will work? and get me to my goal?

Justin,

I hope I do not rain on your dream so take this as my opinion and I am sure there are others out there will disagree with me.

I am guessing your 79 will weigh in at about 2850lbs with driver and so you will need about 225RWHP, tight gearing and good traction. I am sure with the mods you have planned you can accomplish the goal. BUT, looking at the estimated cost of what you have planned, I believe you can make the L28T swap for the same or less. With the right components the L28T will go low-13s very little effort and beyond that the sky (and your wallet) is the limit. It might not sound as sweet as a hi-compression, cammed NA, but......WHOOSH!!!!

Guest Anonymous

i have run nitrous on an L-motor before, the only weak point was the pistons i was using would compress the compression ring. so going to a set of forged pistons on a nitrous motor would be a good idea.( it was only after running about 80 bottles of NOS through the motor that i had any problems).as i was running around a 120 hp shot to the wheels . i would recommend spending the money in the first place and correctly put a system together.oh by the way the motor i was talking about ran a 12.55 at 110 on a well worn 3yr old 3liter.

Hey justin,I have a turbo swap and i love mine.I spent a total of about 600 bucks including the engine(100 for engine) to get my 76zt into the high 12's.You could get the L28ET motor into the 14's easy with little mods.All i have done is put on an ic,bigger injectors,and 3"exhaust all the way back with zero backpressure muffler.I'd just keep looking for a turbo motor someone has to have another there.I'm in Michigan and i thought no one would have one but i looked on ebay like i did for a long time and found the whole car for 100 bucks.It needed some parts but was well worth it.Plus it's funny seeing the V8 muscle cars look at you like what the heck is that when you blow their doors off. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

yeah but i don't know if that turbo and or motor is any good, the last time i bought a motor from this guy it had a hole in the number 5 piston(he did refund my money though) how much(about) would it cost to get the turbo into mid-low 13's or faster? i know i would need an intercooler, a boost controller, and i heard somewhere that a rising rate fuel pressure regulator helps.

Your best bet is finding a running donor car that will provide you not only the drivetrain and electronics, but an R-200, rear disc brakes and as in my case, the front calipers to be combined with 84 300ZX vented rotors.

For starters you can save $$$ by going w/o an I/C, leaving everything stock and limiting the boost to about 8psi. Since you will probably need to do the exhaust up front, I say spend the $$ and go to 3" from the start. In a 72, that can provide "snappy" performance matching modded NA.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Justin, I noticed you live in Holland. I live in Little River by Holland. Do you go to school in Academy? I think I no who you are but I'm not sure

Guest Anonymous

yes nathan i goto academy, my las name is shelton, are u nathan riggs? and if not, i haven't seen and 280Z's in academy. where are u hidding it?