HybridZ

Totally depressed .............z car smoked

Ron240zxt

Hello,

I originally called today (SDSEFI) 10/10/2001 and spoke to Barry, I called because i was running into a problem that was confusing me, about 3 out of 6 injectors not firing. and was wondering about wiring information. Anyways if thinks couldnt get worse. As soon as i hung up the phone with him the coil packs on my em-3f computer smoked and fired the board under the coil packs. I went through the whole install and reassembled the whole wiring on a work bench just to varify nothing has changed sence it was running about a year ago in the vehicle. The only thing that has ever been change was changing to high imp Injectors (Mazda RX7) I emailed Ross about it and he was extremly help full on how to remove the resister packs in order to use the high imp injectors. Do you have any ideas what could be going on here. All the power supplys are at the required amp fuses. And all the grounds checked out. Im am really lost on what might of caused my coil pack to fry. Before the fire. Voltage on the sdsefi meter read why running on 3 cyl. was showing 13.4 volt.. I am so confused and dont know what to do. i need a new coil pack setup and $350.00 is kinda out of my price range for right now. Can i get away with running a DFI from a GM vehicle and will it work with the EM-3f system? Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Thank you for your time.

Ron

Palmdale California icon_confused.gif

Wiring problems can be hard to track down, use a multimeter and a check list of every last thing you can find. Measure main power look for changing voltages, test grounds, test continuity on wires. From a smoked coil it sounds like you have power running to the coil where it shouldn't be. Go to a junkyard and find a GM V6 alot of them have coilpacks and you can probably get them for cheap.

Ron,

sorry to hear about your misfortune and I am sorry I cannot help you with the wiring problem. Clint is correct in that you can find GM V-6 coilpacks for cheap but you will still be faced with figuring how to wire it up to the SDS harness. GM wiring diagram are easily available but you need to call SDS and have them assist with the wiring diagram for their unit. Ross and Barry are great guys and I feel will lend all the assistance they can.