HybridZ

problems with carbs and running

Guest ZmeFly

i have a 72 240Z 2.4 striaght six and dual webers. i had my oil pump shaft break. replaced it but when i was timing it back up the car back fired threw the carbs. now till it gets warm it really chokes sputters and runs like the distributor is outta time. i did upgrade to the 79 12-80 module distributor. i was told this is probably becuause of me blowing out my powerevalves. would this be true. it also happens when i have to sit at a light to long. any answers???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

If you do not have a timing light get one and make sure it is in time about 10 btdc should do. The carbs, if you have the dual down drafts get rid of them and go three side drafts or stock. If you love them down drafts which I have to say I have tried them all. If you are sitting at a light push the pedal and it pops through the carbs then I would have to say its the power valves air moves faster the gas.

Billy

Guest Anonymous

Just for fun make sure the firing order is right and there is no vacuum leaks. I love the smell of carb cleaner in the morning or propaine if you are fanncy.