HybridZ

Need to know more about the 7MGTE

heinekenns

Where is there a good source of info on the 7mgte? I'm looking for a forum or person/people that have worked alot with this engine. I've read alot of good things about this engine. Besides being cheap and turbo, its also supposedly very stout - con rods that are stronger than 2JZ?. I want to know how strong the other rotating parts, etc. are in the engine and how far some people have pushed it. Any help is appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

good place to start lookin in is www.supraforums.com and other Supra websites. That's what I've heard also, that the con rods and crank are more robust than the 2JZ (hard to believe any motor has stronger parts than 2JZ). In Japan, the older gen Supra's have been known to make 600+ horses in some cases on the stock bottom end. I have a couple option videos that show the 7MGTE Supra's clicking off 8-sec 1/4 miles. Come to think of it, there was a gentleman here in the states that ran that Supra to a best of 8.71 I think? There's a wealth of info out there on this motor, so again, try looking in at sites dedicated to the Supra.