HybridZ

all i want is a 15 flat

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have an 81 280zx(auto, 2+2, with t-tops) all i want out of it is a 15 flat in the 1/4 it is a non-turbo and i don't wat to put a turbo on it, but here are m plans.

4N71B 4speed auto tranny

K&N filter

P79, Ported/polished, milled, and 3angle valve job

60mm TB and turbo AFM

Crane Cam(280 duration, 460lift)

ported/polished intake

3.90 LSD R200 diff.

and an electric fan.

Does anyone think that will get me to 15 flat? and if not hat else would u suggest?

thanks in advance Justin

Guest Anonymous

Gray, the early 4N71B(81 maxima is the only one i am sure about) is not coputer controlled, the overdrive is elecrticly activated so u have to run a 12V to a toggle switch and your can turn the OD on and off, there is a very comprehensive post(actually several) about this on zcar.com, goto search and type in 4N71B swap or somethin like that and u will find it.

• 4 weeks later...

Consider an N47 cyl head which on your flat-top piston short block would boost your compression from 8.8:1 to 10.0:1. That, with the suggestions others made re exhaust, etc., and your cam, would make a noticeable difference in performance, while allowing you to bolt onto your stock roundport exhaust manifold. By the way, the turbo torque convertors have a higher stall speed than the na cars. I was told by a trans shop that the torque convertors from the lockup convertor transes were different from the regular transes, that they had a different number of splines...I was in a trans warehouse a couple of days ago and slipped the torque convertor off a lock-up trans and onto a regular trans. There's no difference that I could see, does anyone know re interchangeability of torque convertors on JATCO transes?

Guest Anonymous

About how many 15 second street cars are there on the street? Is 15 seconds pretty quick? I've never been to a track so always hearing about 12-10 second cars I'm not able to tell if 15 is still on the quick side.

i was thinking with that sought of setup would get you into mid 14s... but maybe i was wrong.. i'm aiming for low 14s when i get my L28 setup up and running.. maybe its just me, or are most rice cars these days running 15s stock...