HybridZ

Nitrous

Guest 4.3L 280z

Guest 4.3L 280z

Does anyone know of a site that has nitrous kits for the L28 engine or someone that has done it and has the results. I think NOS has a 90hp kit but is there anyone that makes a bigger one?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

i ran a 120 hp shot to the wheels with all stock parts in a 3.0 stroker motor.it lasted for over a year with about 80 10 pound bottles being ingested.i think a person could get away with a reliable 100 shot to the wheels with a port nitrous kit. if you buy a sprortsman fogger kit from nos you will get all the parts you need to make a port nitrous kit for a z.just plug off 4 ports in an 8cyl distribution block.

Guest Anonymous

80 10 pound bottles in a year icon_eek.gif that motor must have been a freak, and your pockets must be deep! icon_biggrin.gif , I've had mates that were happy with 20 runs before pulling down there motor's, I agree with SSS510, you will have to buy a kit for another car and modify it to suit, but dont expect it to last that long!

80? Your motor lasted 80 x 10 lbs of NOS? That's pretty incredible. You really must have had that setup dialed in right. NOS on rotary engines don't last too long. I'd say maybe 5 races before we needed to tear the motor down. bonk.gif Started getting expensive having to rebuild those motors. Hope you took down all the info on your setup and have it in a safe place. Awesome! flamedevil.gif

Guest Anonymous
sss510sixthe motor was actually just a collection of different core motors.i just used an msd digital 6 to retard timimg and a 02 sensor to dial the mixture in.i just took time to tune and made sure ALL safety systems were in place, fuel pressure cutoff, full throttle switch, rev limiter.i used a bottle heater.and i made sure the system was purged before running.i literally tortutred this motor and it held up just fine, my next project is a fully built nitrous turbo motor.