HybridZ

nah not really but...

Guest Anonymous

The vg33 is the v6 that replaced the vg30. I know that they have used it since 1996 in the Pathfinder and since 1999 in the trucks/Exteras. I am not sure about some of the other cars. It is the same motor they supercharged, but I am not sure what they called it. I know in my 96 Pathfinder it was rated at 170hp. For 2001 they bumped it to 270hp in NA trim. I do not remember what the supercharged gives, but it was supposed to have better tq that the NA.

AN

Guest Big Phil

The new 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and the 2002 Maxima, 2002 Altima and the soon to be released Z car all use the VQ35 motor which is rated between 240 HP(5speed Pathfinder & Altima) to 280 plus (new Z car). The VG series engines are great but it obvious that nissan is rapidly moving to the VQ engines. I hear a few of this motors are already available as front clip salvage for about $1500 with ecu and wiring harness. You can contact Ben Pila at Jim Wolf Technology in San Diego for more details.

This is the motor I want for my ride a 280 hp all motor all nissan old school Z car would be awesome!

Phil

Ooo oooh! We got one of those new motors in our spankin' new Pathfinder! The woman just had to have one icon_rolleyes.gif It looks, at first glance, like the 300ZX motor. Not super big or anything and according to the sticker it's rated at 240HP even with our automatic if I read it right.

If anyone is super interested in this motor lemme' know and I can try to put a tape measure to it when she's not looking icon_smile.gif It doesn't look super big to my eye. It also doesn't seem super fast in the big truck but I've yet to drive it and she's not exactly a lead foot...