HybridZ

My project

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

just wanted people to know what i was goin to do and wanted to know if anyone had any input.

first of all i am was woundering if i sould use the stock L6 engine in my 80' 280zx. or should i buy a rebuilt one for the warrinty?

then i was goin to get some Hi.Po. heads, get them polished and ported.

then get a new header

get an ignistion system

and a supercharger.

any input would be great guys

-Ark

like most other people on this board will say, if you want more power, then go find a 280zx turbo motor and throw that in, u'll get alot more HP than what u'll get from a N/A motor, it will just bolt in like ur motor now.

if you get a warrenty motor will you void it by modifying it or not, just a thought.

or you can go the v8 swap like some people have here in the 280zx, more HP per $$ ratio

not sure if thats what u are looking for.. but for the N/A with port/polish head maybe around 10:1 comp with a N42 head with flat tops pistons, and header and exhaust, and the 280zx injection sytems, u'll have around 190 200 hp i think. not sure.. a turbo engine would be better for Hp but not sure where you want to go...

Guest Anonymous

Ya, thats what i am lookin for (not the turbo). but the 200hp pluse the supercharger would be around what i was looking for so, thx for you info.

peace out

-ark