HybridZ

Engine is coming out this weekend

scottyMIz

I finally get time to work on my baby the engine is coming out friday night and i'll start taking it all apart to get the head reworked and i'll take the bottom end apart for new rings and bearings.It still has to be broken in right to set the rings when i'm all done?The new intake is going on and then the turbo will be sent out to be built hybrid turbo will be really nice.Anyone have any recommended place to get one or send mine to?It will be like a whole new car when i get done this spring and then look out cuz i'll be lookin for some V8's of any kind. icon_razz.gif

well got it all apart and the thing is just amazing!!!! it has no wear in the cylinders no lip at the top from worn cylinder walls i was just totally amazed.It had some carbon build up but it was great and the turbo is in great shape too it hasn't worn at all running 18psi of boost for that long so i'm very impressed.Nissan makes one hell of a motor my rebuild kit is going to cost about 150 and i need a new oilpump too mine is junk and should be replaced anyway.I'm planning on a new water pump too since i got it apart.So far all the pistons look great no broken ring lands little carbon but perfect even after some detonation.Cylinder walls smooth no scratches head in great shape no gouges i'm going to have a valve job done tomorrow and oeder my rebuild kit for it and maybe a new timing chain and tensioner what do you guys think? new chain or use the old parts?everything just looks so good it's hard to believe it has that many miles on it and it had the crap beat out of it from me and the previous owner.Well had to update this even though it seems no one reads my posts just incase someone is following this progress. icon_biggrin.gif