HybridZ

Simplest, most straightforward SBC swap setup

Say THAT three times fast... :icon6:

No, just curious...for a trailered, track-only car (i.e., my '87 na 300zx with a carbed Chevy 355 and a manual transmission), how many accessories can I realistically get rid of if I just want the car to roll off the trailer, start, go as fast as possible from point A to B (specifically, on a 1-5 mile land speed track), and then shut off?

All headlights, tail lights, interior lights, mirrors, radios, and security are going to go, I don't need air conditioning or heat, I can charge it between runs so I probably don't need an alternator (I think this question has been debated a lot on these forums), I can lose the power steering, I'll probably replace the stock gas tank with a fuel cell in the back, run electric fuel and water pumps, and maybe move the battery to the back, I'd like to use a distributorless ignition system, and I'll probably use aftermarket tach, speedo, oil pressure and temperature gauges.

Am I missing anything? Any pitfalls that I should know about with this kind of setup?

Great site...thanks!