HybridZ

280z engine

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i'm doing an engine swap on my 78 280 and am trying to spend as little money as possible but get the most horsepower. i plan to buy a used engine but i'm curious what L28 motor i should put in my car. would it be worth it and even possible to put a 280zx, or 280zx turbo engine in my z?

Guest Anonymous

If you can find one cheaply, I'd get a L28 turbo motor, add a intercooler, pump up the boast, maybe some larger injectors and more fuel pressure, and voila, a fast ride for relatively cheap. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Lone

Travis,

I am doing the same thing you are doing. I wanted to make a quick car with the least amount of hassle and money possible. I figure as I want to go faster I can modify it more. I got an entire turbo car, running, for $700. That way I have everything, including the rear with the stronger cv's and rear disk brakes. I also can make sure the engine is running well before I put it in my car. If it doesn't run well after the switch, I'll know it isn't major. For about $250 you can get a NPR intercooler, then about $300 for plumbing and welding, etc. You can get Merkur inj then for $80 (total) and a cheap manual boost adj (~$40). After that you should stay entertained. :D Hope this helps.

Pete