HybridZ

non-kit supercharger question

Guest Anonymous

The throttle body should be installed ahead of the super charger, if you place the throttle after the super charger you then must dump the high air volume that is produced when the throttle is closed or part closed.

Having said that i found that a vacuum operated bypass valve that would bypass the air from the outlet of the super charger back to the inlet side would drop inlet temp at idle from just over 100 deg celcius back down to 40 deg celcius. This bypass only operated at idle and light throttle.

Steven

Guest Anonymous

there is a vacuum operated bypass on it, my problem now is replacing my crank/drive pulley and my PS pump pulley with a 6 groove pulley to match the supercharger

any thoughts?

Sorry there is no easy way out with this job. If i was going to do it again, id convert the whole belt system over one single 5 or 6PK Belt to drive the lot. Perhapes use all the pullies and tenioner from some thing else and machine a crank pulley to suit.Email me if you like ill send you a drive photo.

Good luck.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

sorry ark- away from the net for awhile, it's a '83zx and the supercharger is a M90 eaton that came off the 3800's from buick probably a le sabre or regal mid 90's (don't know much about those autos)

as far as putting it all together, had to move a whole bunch around to get it mounted on the passenger side (the unorthadox side) with the air flow meter bolted to it and the air intake 90 degrees off it where the battery went - right under the hood vent (non scooped side -to bad), a snorkel type scoop under it to pipe it around the frint and into the throttlebody, fan ditched- electric pusher, anyways i'm rambling - some of it's done some in the process and some still in my head

later-