HybridZ

Ignition Questions/Problems

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My datsun WAS running smile.gif It has some weird ass electric distributor form a toyota(that's what the guy i bought it from told me) or some wierd thing??? He has a huge pile of datsun parts and he says that the 260z dual point distributor is the way to go. Im just wondering if this is a good suggestion or what? I looked at the whole ignition setup and its pretty damn retarded how he had the ignition jimmy rigged, teres wires hangin from all over the place the ignition module is held on the thermostat housing, I just want it to be simple and theres nothing easier/inexpensive(i work at a carquest dealer and the ignition module is 200+dollers) to work on than points.

Hrm, I don't much like points but I'm NOT a Datsun "expert". One of my L6 motors has a GM HEI module on it and those are a dime a dozen. I'd suggest looking into using one of those setups - it's got to be more common and reliable than a cobbled Toyota setup. I've never heard of such a thing :confused:

Get a distributor from an'81-'83 280ZX or '81-'84 Maxima. Direct bolt-in and has the module on the dist. as part of the assy; one or two wire simple hook up. Forget points, forget the dual pickup 260Z and the 280Z with the module inside the passenger compartment.

DAW

Guest Anonymous

ok i figured out that the distributer isnt a toyota dist. this guy has no idea what he's talkin about. i took the module into work and ran the number and its a nissan module. the distributer has 2 wires coming out of it, a green and a red. the module has 4 plugs. 2 wires in each plug . one is the red and green out of the distrib and the other 2 are a blue and black/white goin to the positve(black/white) and negative (blue) side of my coil. both sides of the coil, all wires in the ign module, coil to cap ign wire all have 12.8v of current in the on position of the ignition. when i put the coil wire 3/8 of an inch away from ground there is no spark :( if you know if anything else could be wrong or something is wrong please tell me. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!