HybridZ

I need help for a fellow Z lover!

Guest Shiin

Guest Shiin

I meet this guy today, nice guy, and doesn't know to much about his Z.

Here's the problem: He replace almost everything in this engine compartment including head, distributor, points, timing chain, etc... and this car runs strong from time to time. Once and a while the car would begin to spudder and would not have power and the tach start to act erratic. Said that when it does this the tach doesn't read the right rpms.Example: He had it at about 4000 rpms on the highway but it only read 1000 and bounced up and down. And sometimes when it happened it would not start. He also keeps replacing the condensor on from the distributor.(is there a way to check for a bad condensor by the color of the spark it give off when you disconnect it and run a spark test?)

He talked to a Nissan Tech and the tech said it could be a bad ground. From the speedo or tach.

So what could the problem be? If he can't fix it he was asking if I would buy it from him, but he really likes the car, but doesn't have much time and money to adress the problem.

Sorry for it being long and I hank you all for your help

Guest Anonymous

Have him check the spark at the plug and if it is a blue spark the condenser is fine if it is a redder spark the condenser could be bad beacause the redder spark shows a weaker spark.

• 2 weeks later...