HybridZ

OH NOOOO ALMOST HIT GRAGE BECAUSE OF THIS

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

came up the drive wal and poped the clutch have extreamily long drive way and i went to put the clutch in and it went to the floor with no preshure I WAS LIKE WTF i slamed on the brakes and the motor shut out im guessing the clutch dident seprate when i hit the peddle i pumped the pedle got preshure back and drove it every thing fine WHAT JUST HAPPEND???

icon_mad.gificon_confused.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'd say its probably got air in the clutch line, air compresses, brake fluid doesn't (well very little). Re-bleed the clutch master cylinder and try that, if the pedal SLOWLY sinks, its probably the clutch master cylinder going out. If the slave was leaking it would cause that too, but you should see a leak somewhere. You definitely need to fix that, had it done it in traffic, you'd be pulling the car out of someones trunk.

Regards,

Lone

I had a problem like that with my 79zx. I thought it was a problem with the hydraulic system too but in my case it wasn't (I bled the system many times but the problem would always come back) Look at your clutch pedal, there should be a sort of linkage that pivots from the pedal arm to the clutch master cylinder. Pull up on the pedal and watch the linkage, make sure that the pedal is coming all the way back up. Mine would stick once in a while, and if it wasn't getting a "full stroke" it wouldn't get the pressure to release the clutch.

Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif