HybridZ

nitrous spool up kit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Any body know of a good nitrous spool up kit that is either boost sensitive, or anything like that??

thanks,

franklin

Guest Anonymous

Jim wolf tech makes a kit for the 300zx twin turbos similar to what you want. i don`t think they offer the same kit for earlier model z`s .a boost sensetive system could be fabricated using a hobb switch in a similar manner as a water injection kit uses, just the hobb switch would turn the nitrous off rather than turning a water pump on.i would still tend to use proper saftey equipment when dealing with nitrous...full throttle switch, rpm swithes, and a low fuel pressure cut to the solenoids.check the Honda classifieds as well as Mitsubishi classifieds on the web , those guys are always blowing up motors on nitrous from not using saftey equipment. plus it`s a pretty easy place to pick up a single fogger kit relativly cheap.

Guest Anonymous

Ive already got the basics, bottle and a switch. The motor itself is an 83zxt, and I have sds on it. Is there a site that shows how to safely have a spool up system??

thanks,

franklin

Guest Anonymous

i don`t know of any sites on how to plumb and wire a nitrous system.i just went by the advice of friends of mine who have run consistant times and didn`t blow up motors.

Guest Anonymous

Well right now its just a t3/t4. Lag isnt alot but you can still tell its there. On the other hand me and my pops are about to buy another engine and tune it to full race. Im wanting to go big and I know its gonna cost big but what the hay? Im not spending money on anything else! Ive seen a guy running a full t4 and they said the lag was pretty aparent so that pretty much leads me to believe that anything bigger and itll only get worst. But as far as turbo selection, not sure right now just trying to put everything back together.

thank you,

franklin

Do not compare the "feel" of your hybrid to that of the stock T3. It will not feel as snappy but I will guarantee the engine is making a lot more power and the car is quicker at the point that it feels laggy. When you go to the T04, that is a different story. However, since you mentioned SDS, be aware that the new SDS has a spoolup feature but it to be used for racing applications only. Same basic concept I use when launching my car. Retard the timing and lean out the fuel.

If you are referring to lag in everyday street driving, then the obvious thing to do when you plan to upgrade turbos is work with the manufacturer to configure a turbo that limits lag. Do not know how much HP you will be looking for in the future, but you can go a LONG WAY with a t3/t04, quality I/C, SDS and tuning.

Guest Anonymous

Right now im pushing 320hp and 338 worth of torque at the wheels. I did not know the sds had that feature.. was it a factory setting or one of their option that you could get?? My goal is to get into the low 9's with my "spare" motor. Mostly my pops idea.... I was thinking maybe swapping in a v-8 or maybe a 4.3l v6 twin turboed. But he thinks that well be having to do even more work than were doing right now. Soo dunoo... On the up-side check out these hand fabbed heat shields for my brake cylinders. Also the NISMO decal is hand cut and painted by muah.

notice the jet hot coated headers too ;)

thanks,

franklin

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pickalbum?zpeedrazer

Low-9s, very abitious. I assume you already know all the details on what it takes build a car to go low-9s, so it is a matter of powertrain choice. We are not talking a few $$$ here, but about 625-650RWHP if you can get the weight down to about 2,300 w/driver.

I am going out on a limb and say the L28ET is out. A well prepared RBxx, VG30DETT, or a VG30DET with a lot of spray are the Nissan choices. A well prepped SBC, like NOSZ350, 1fastZ and JBSRace1 will get you there. Of the American V-6s I would go with the Buick. A well prepped 3.8 or 4.1 with a girdle gets you there or you can get a $tageII and DETUNE IT!.

Any way you go you are talking big bucks but a lot of fun. Keep us posted.

Guest Anonymous

Did yall happen to see that 1600hp l28 bored out to 3.1?? Ive got it on a Drift And Drag special tape. I know, its probably almost close to imposible getting a bored out 2.8 to run right, but that damn thing was set up really nice. Thing is I want to stay nissan but Id hate to pay the price for an RB motor to get into the 9's, any leads?? . The advantages of going with a 350 or even a buick v-6 are REALLY nice but I still dont know. I just love seeing the expressions on peoples faces that still think jap-crap cars are still slow and I blow right by them. And if im running 9's with a sbc or whatever then im just one of the big boys. Decisions, decisions.....

thanks again,

franklin

Guest Anonymous

Very true. But infinite motorsports wants 6k for the rb26dett. The stock motor is probably good for 11's?? On top of that paying for the whole bottom end, more stainless steel lines, more manifold work, totally different settings, and tons of other stuff would easily put me in over my head. Why do that when i already have (and gaining) more and more experience on the l28?

It sounds bold but we're going to build a nuke-proof l28 to get me into the 9's. I honestly believe that the bit of extra money spent on the motor will pay off in the way i can re-use most of the things i have invested on the l28 I already have. Also did i mention i want to keep a full interior? ;)

things can happen,

franklin flamedevil.gif