HybridZ

Selling the Rebello 3.0L 240z

Guest larkja

Guest larkja

Well, I never thought I would be doing this but I would like to start liquidating some toys. My '73 240z is the first to go.

Here are some of the stats:

1. Rebello 3.0L, 260hp, installed 3,000 miles ago.

2. Rebello big bore SUs - brand new, just installed.

3. I also have a set of triple weber 40s that were rebuilt about 1,000 miles ago. I have all the linkage, cannon intake, and K&N filters. I will be selling these separately so if you want to make me an offer before they go on ebay, now's your chance.

4. 3.7 rear diff

5. 5sp from '79 280z

6. New 7/8" master cylinder ~ 1,000 miles

7. New Toyota 4x4 front calipers

8. New cross-drilled rotors

9. New aluminum rear drums

10. New rear shoes

11. Holey electric fuel pump

12. Holey fuel regulator with guage

13. New Corbeau Forza II driver's seat (I still have the original seat - in very nice condition).

14. Fuel tank just boiled out

15. MSD ignition box - 6A

Done within last 5,000 miles:

16. Radiator & shroud

17. Electric fan

18. Steering rack bushings - urethane

19. Steering coupler bushing - urethane

20. Clutch disk, TO bearing, pressure plate

21. MSD coil

Done within last 10,000 miles

21. Slave cylinder

22. Clutch master cylinder

23. Rear brake cylinders

On the car when I bought it:

24. Suspension techniques swaybars

25. Suspension techniques shocks/struts

26. Suspension techniques springs

What needs to be done:

1. Rocker panels below the doors have paint bubbles

2. Under passenger side carpet there was a 1" diameter rust spot where the drain hole is. I drilled it out and put on a simple patch. You can't see it because the carpet covers it.

3. The carpet is old and very brittle.

4. The car has been repainted. The original color was lime green. The paint is good but has the typical rock chips in front and minor door dings from being used as a daily driver - nothing major, but not a garage queen.

5. Will need weatherstripping around rear hatch.

Some additional items:

1. 16x7 prime star rims

2. 225/50/16 Yokohama AVS Intermediate tires. They are about 75% worn so perfect for autox or track days.

A couple pics:

http://www.vettechrelief.com/240/

The car is not concourse, but a very nice looking daily driver or track car. If interested, please contact me via my cell at 510 410-0692 or e-mail at larkja@excite.com.

I live in the CA Bay Area and would love to show it to anyone interested. I am asking $7,500.

Thanks

Jim

Guest larkja

Just liquidating some toys. I'm sure I'll get the bug again in a year or two. Next time, though, I think I'll be buying a Z that has already been set up for track use rather than try to do it from scratch. I just spent way too much money on this project.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest larkja

I just installed and tuned the new SUs this weekend - WOW!!! Specs:

Round top SUs (polished domes), bored out to 50mm (along with the spacers), polished and matched intake.

I also have a Porsche 944 turbo with a performance chip and the 240z is very close to matching the top end performance. The 240z, however, has more low end torque due to the larger displacement.

If interested, the car is still available.

Jim

Guest larkja

Funny story -

I just received an e-mail from somebody either on this post or from zcar.com (where the car is also listed). He told me he would be willing to offer me up to $2,000 for the car. I sent him a e-mail back asking what he was smoking.

We have all spent way too much money on our cars, but it always surprises me when non-z owners think they can buy a nice, 30 year old classic car for the price of an old, used Toyota Tercel.

Jim