HybridZ

RB30 into '75 260Z

Guest Tellie

Guest Tellie

Hi, Just wondering wether or not an RB30 will basically bolt in to my 260z? Also would i be able to mate the standard Zed box to the motor?

Guest Zpeed

I've heard that you can just bolt it in, but i've never actaully seen it with original mounts.. but i have seen a Rb25det in a Z with custom mounts,and it looked very clean

I've heard with no custom mounts, it is difficult to close the hood, and the motor sits to far forward, so handling gets a little sufferd

I know someone in NSW did use the original Zed box to a RB engine, but he had do custom work, its more worth finding a R33 GTST gearbox and using that... easy to find in jap import places.. quite cheap also... but matters to what u think is cheap

No it will not bolt straight in , but its not far off. The RB mounts need to be reworked and this also allows you to shift the engine back a bit.

The RB box must be used, unless you wish to just change the front case of the 260 box for the front of the RB box to retain the 2.9:1 first gear that we have in Australia, this requires two RB front gear box bearings to be fitted to the 260 shafts and a very small amount of grinding.

You must also cut and shut a sump to suit.

Take a look at the photos of my RB30 http://au.photos.yahoo.com/arkij60

Have fun smile.gif

Steve

Guest Zpeed

nice and clean install...

you didn't get pics, close ups of the mounts, and of the sump... wouldn't mind seeing close ups of those

• 9 months later...
Guest Rb30zX
:lol: seen your pics before looks great,nice job on the rb25 head like to go the same root one day my self as for now just getting the rb30 to sit in lol