HybridZ

control unit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
:confused: Just pulled a 1975 280Z out of it's former neglected home - could use some advice on how the control unit (fuel injection brain) hooks up...??? There are two white wires with female butt connectors coming out of it that are not connected to anything. It will start and idle, but accelerating makes it run like it's getting lots of air, but no fuel. Four of the injectors seem to be working, but two don't. Any suggestions would be welcome! Thank You!!!

Guest mblazek

I'm assuming that you've changed the fuel filter and checked the boot between the AFM and throttle body for cracks. You didn't mention which two injectors aren't firing - if it's 5 and 6, there's a chance that the dropping resistor is damaged or disconnected. One resistor feeds the first four injectors, the other the last two. I have the same two wires hanging near the computer on my '75. They've never been hooked up, so I wouldn't worry about them.