HybridZ

Is this 280z worth buying planning on swapping in a rb25

Cool, Well depending on where it's coming from, First thing you should do REGARDLESS OF THE PAINT CONDITION is throw a coat of wax on it, because in coastal areas original paint will not keep salt air out of the pores and the metal underneath from rusting.  That then get it on a lift with a couple cans of undercoating and touch up everywhere you can see needing some.  This way your body should stay in it's as purchased condition until you can get your swap underway. in doing both these operations, you'll also be going over the whole car so you can note anywhere there's dings and rust spots. 

As for how to do the swap, well there's a ton of threads on it. But you might dish out the cash to McKinney (not cheap) and get the RB mounting kit. it'll save you a lot of headache over building your own.  There's a ton of info on suspensions, brake swaps and every other part you can figure to upgrade so, congrats on the car. I hope you'll keep posting pictures. We love pictures. We are happy to answer any questions you can't find an answer for.  I highly recommend downloading the FSM and EFI bible, and also the manual for whatever RB donor you're getting.

Looking forward to seeing it. Congrats!

Thanks for the advice, The car will be here Sunday if not sooner so i will throw a coat of wax on it after i give her a good wash after her long journey from CO.

I will be posting pictures Sunday or whenever it arrives hopefully before Sunday. The pictures will most likely be on a different thread i will link the thread on this one. Also i have heard many times,That undercoating does not let water through it, but if the water is already behind the coating, it also does not let it drain out, potentially causing rust. So I am in a debate whether to undercoat it or not.