HybridZ

what can be done??

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

I have a late 74-260 that running like crap!

what can be done in way of a good carburation, a little better cam, and headers...

WITHOUT getting too radical at the moment?

in other words, a step above stock- CHEAP as possible, for now. any help would be HUGELY appreciated!!

and last of all, whats a ballpark figure in price for all of this WITHOUT labor?

PLEASE HELP!

Guest bang847

Well I think the first thing you should address is it running like crap.. (unless you want to drop a V8)

I guess it also depends on the smog laws in your state too..

I would start by removing all your unnessacary stuff (smog stuff,EGR,)

but again, if you want to build up that engine then get it running good first..

And welcome to the board

Guest plainswolf

Thanks. And thank you again!

I currently have it in the shop but they are having a HELL of a time with the vacuum accesories and the carburation prob.. they are escellent mechanics but are having a hell of a time with the carbs.. at has SU looking carbs to me round on top and side bowl..etc.. the carbs are dumping fuel into the engine and into the crankcase. I called MSA and british columbia and they seem to think it has SU carbs but told me there is NO rebuild kit for them? I wnat to get the holley carb/manifold combo but is 390 cfm fourbarrel too much carb for it right now?

LIBERAL smog laws in nebraska!

www.ztherapy.com for rebuild kits, or better yet just buy their rebuilds, then you know it will be right. Sounds like your fuel bowl needles aren't shutting off the gas. Easy fix for a Z mechanic. I agree, get it running good in stock form first, then evaluate how much money you really have to spend. That determines everything.