HybridZ

86 turbo engine swap help pleeeeease

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Aloho everyone,

Im new to these boards, I just bought a 72 240z and am as in love with this machine as the rest of you.

I recently stumbled onto an 86 300zx turbo donnor

Any help at all on swaping the engine and tranny would be much appreciated

would the VG30ET be a direct swap? would I have to make motor mounts?

hows the tranny from this car?

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated thanks guys....this is the place to be

I would do a 280 swap but havent found one on this Island for sale yet.

Guest LAYTON

HELLO

this is a killer swap im in the middle right know !

you can bolt the trany in then make motor mount using the factory trny mounts for reference

you will have to use a 200sx v6 intake or 84-88 maxima the turbo intake hit the firewall

the killer part of this is the oe tranny mounts place the motor way back in fact the pulleys land about a 1/2 inch behind the xmember sweet for weight dist/balance

THE TURBO WILL NOT CLEAR THE STEERING SHAFT IN FACTORY TRIM YOU MOST EITHER FAB HEADERS OR RELOCATE THE STEERING SHAFT !

im fabing headers with twin t-3's and making a cool intake rather than a maxima if you gonna do this it leave you with hella room im gonna stealth mount my NPR intercooler kinda laying down flat in front of the motor and ram air in it though a tunnel though my air dam under the radiator what the other guy cant see they think wont hurt em HA HA HA HA HAHAAHAHAHAHAH

i dont have any devious intentions at all

keep in touch

if you decide to do a non turbo swap there are some pick up ex-mans that will clear everything much simple /just not as potent

one of my car /buddies just finished a vg wagon 510 not turbo but still hualed a** great motor tons of parts cheap and very stout i have a year of reserch already /recomended over vg30dett by top tuners say more power potential and lighter !