HybridZ

Really high oil pressure

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I noticed that my car always runs oil pressure all the way to the right, like it can't go anymore to the right. I really started worrying about this when it started to leak oil out of the fron, either the oil pump or the fron of the oil pan. I was thinking that it might me the sending unit, is there a way to check those? And does anyone know what the high oil pressure could be from?

Thanks

Lance

Guest Anonymous

Lance. it is most likely your gauge or sending unit causing the oil pressure to read high. The other possibilty is a resticted line or passage way around the area of the sending unit . I do not know how to check for restricion but a mechanical oil pressure gauge, line and adapter fitting could be substited for the stock sending unit to obtain a second opinion on the oil pressure reading.If the mechanical gauge gives a normal reading, then there is no restriction. That 260 electrical oil sending unit on the yard motor maybe installed to check the sending unit accuracy