HybridZ

PLEASE HELP!! SOMETHING BAD!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Alright i found where it was leaking and it was the front seal behind the crankshaft pulley. When taking off the pulley it was wobbling back and forth which seemed kind of strange. I got it off and hunks of metal came with it. The pulley is very, very dead. There's a huge chunk tooken out of it. I got all the pieces out and now i need to know what goes where. There are and indentation on both the crankshaft and the pulley. Is there a moon shaped key that goes in there? There was also a little piece of thin aluminun that when around the crankshaft, there is also a little groove in it like the pully and the crankshaft, what is that piece? I have an extra complete 260 engine in my yard and can i use that pulley, and does anyone have any secrets of getting the bolt loose so i can get the pulley off of the 260?

Thanks

Lance

Guest Anonymous

Lance .. The 260 pulley should work. Take off the 260 valve cover and shove a large screw driver or lug wrench handle or appropriate metal rod into one of the camshaft sprocket holes to lock the sprocket in place against the cylinder head while you loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt.You will have to replace the rubber seal in the timing chain cover. The thin metallic ring is a seal retainer placed on the outside of the seal and behind the pulley. The small 1/2 moon shaped piece is what locks the pulley in the proper place on the crankshaft. The crankshaft bolt should be tourqued to the proper foot pounds back in place.