HybridZ

Upside down booster

I found a 15/16 master and matching booster from a 280zxt, manual trans, that I'm swapping into my 77. However the pushrod on the zxt booster is offset to the top of the mounting pattern - it comes out above the center of the rectangular mounting bolt pattern - while my setup is offset to the bottom; even the hole in the firewall sits toward the bottom.

My question is: Is there any reason not to mount the booster upside down from its original position? I'm fairly familiar with the workings of a booster and can't think of anything prohibitive. I've mocked it up and everything fits perfectly. The larger booster clears the lines and clutch master perfectly. I just have to reverse the orientation of the lines -front to rear.

I have done this with my 74  260z.   83 280zx brake booster and master cylinder. I just turned the booster upside down and bolted it in. Bolted the zx master cylinder in. Adjusted the booster pushrod to the brake master cylinder. Adjusted the brake pedal rod to the booster. Done.

I didn't change the orientation of the lines.

I did make up a new brake booster vacuum hose.