HybridZ

Question on how to tell a stock down-pipe?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all,

Maybe you seen my other post on a stock manifold replacement... It dawned on me that if I use any other manifold but another one off of a 74 260Z - I may have downpipe compatibilty issues...

My car had a stock 74 manifold, but as I look at the Vic Brit catalog - admit they are poor drawings - it looks like the downpipe is the one they illustrated for a 240 70-73, or the 280.

That is, my down pipe is not the pair of seperate pipes merging into a single collector - as shown in Vic Brit drawing for a 260 - but rather 2 pipes immediately blended together behind the flange and into one large pipe - like the Vic Brit drawing for the 75-78 280 downpipe or the 240.

Any way to tell for sure what downpipe one has?

Or another way to put it:

Do the 240, 260, and 280 downpipes have compatible manifold flanges - so that any manifold I use would be compatible with my existing downpipe?

Thanks in advance! I need to do the money ciphering thing to see what all I need to replace beyond the manifold...