HybridZ

whats it worth???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i am currently working on a sbc conversion, i am pulling my l28 out. my question is what is my l28 worth?? here is a list of what is included in the package.

engine:

L28 .040 over

n47 head match ported and polished

440/240 cam

high volume oil pump

su's sm needles

intake manifold match ported and polished

6-2-1 header

280 electronic ignition

jacob's coil and wires.

k&n air filters

280zx close ratio 5-speed trans

16 lb steel flywheel

factory clutch

ss clutch line

2 1/4" exhaust w/ turbo walker muffler

and only 25,000 miles on the motor. driven 25 miles to work each day via freeway.

thanks for any input.

:confused:

Guest Anonymous

Hello John. Sounds like a good L6 with a lot of the right performance options including the 5 speed. Member DAW in Seattle would know what it is worth. Put it in the next garage sale and I might buy it next time around. Bump your question for tomorrow. You might post your question in another forum for a better response.Because of shipping costs you might be limited to Oregon or even the (Lane) River City area. Send me your telephone # via email(ljohnson97438@yahoo.com) since I know a fellow that maybe interested and relay your number to him.

Ouch! No wonder you're pulling the engine...the best thing at this point for the engine would be to have the piston tops turned down until the edge of the 10.9cc dish is cut down flush with the floor of the dish (making the piston a flat top with a decreased compression ht), then substitute L24 rods for the L28 rods. The result will be a strong na L28 with an improved rod/stroke over stock specs. Otherwise it's anemic...it just won't perform without a higher compression ratio or forced induction...but with the cam, headers, etc., you should stay na. You would be amazed at what increased c.r. will do for that engine. DAW

Another budget way of increasing the performance for the minimum $ into what's in it now would be Sterling Piston #12149P which has about 1cc dish, relatively cheap @ $30ea., uses an L24 rod (133mm, 9mm bolts, abundant), and could probably use the ringset you have (and rod bearings) if you're in a pinch (double check on the rings #). If a buyer didn't like the c.r., at least you could provide this info for an inexpensive route to a lot more hp. DAW