HybridZ

280zx engine into a 260z

Guest eric-z

Guest eric-z

hey,

I am 16 and have inherited an old 260z 2+2 from my older brother because he wanted to get rid of it (hes leaving for college) but I wouldn't let him because I love the car so its mine now. I'm mostly doing body work right now because I can't seem to get the engine to run(I'm not all that knowledgable about engine repair). I have recently come across a running/street leagal 280zx that this guy is selling for $1000(paint is crap but I can live with bad paint). I figure I could buy the 280zx and drive it around until I finnish the body work on the 260z and then transplant the 280zx engine and drivetrain into the 260z. I was pretty much wondering what you guys thought about my Idea, if its worth it, and was also wandering how much hp you can get out of the 280zx engine without paying an arm and a leg.

sorry about the length

eric

Guest Anonymous

Eric: Sounds like a good plan which will give you wheels for the moment and time to figure out and learn about Z cars. Do not count out the old 2+2 motor yet . Those engines can get right back up and go for some more rounds after getting knocked out.....