HybridZ

ok i want to build a monstor n/a l28

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

here is what im thinking..f54 block, flat top pistons, ported n42 head, isky .480 lift cam with 280 duration, su carbs with sm needles, motorsport header w/ 2.5 exaust and flowmaster. what kinda horse power will this make? with 3.90 gears and a 5 speed in a 240 will this spank a 5.0? another combo i thought about is an f54 block bore 120 thou, nissan z24 truck pisons, 240 rods, l28 crank, and same as everything else above?..is this a good combo?..or should i just use a v8? thanks for any help.

Guest Anonymous

If you go with the stroker engine, I would recommend finding either a set of Weber 45mm DCOE's or better yet, a set of Mikuni 44PHH carbs.

I feel that the SU's are the best choice for a mild engine, but that engine you are building will require more airflow and would benefit greatly from the triples.

Personally, I would pony up the dough for a set of forged pistons in 88mm (0.080 over). You have "only a 3.0", but you won't have any problems with the block.

I also would use a cam with a bit more lift and leave the duration the same.

Mike

Guest 280Tom'z

i have seen a z run 12's on SU's so if ya got them keep them and put in bigger needles and make a stroker one of two ways 1700$$$ for the MSA 3.1 kit (really good chioce) or make a 2.9 with a L28det crank and stock rods.

Guest Anonymous

my dad has a fairly mild carby L28 making 100rwkw

just a cam, blue printed, port & polish, SU carbs, better pistons, headers, etc.. pretty run of the mill

the next upgrade he was looking at is basically what i'd call a Monster NA L28

Motec computer, multiple throttle bodies, fairly wild cam, reforged pistons, bored out, etc

that was a nice lil equation for about 300rwhp if i remember correctly

dad then decided he didnt want to spend a further 12k on his zed tho ;)

but yeah, thats my definition of a monster NA setup

his current carby setup is good for some fun tho - its extremely torquey and is like a bullet off the line (dads upgraded pretty much everything on the car as well)

I'm still faster but :D