HybridZ

Cost for a good nitrous setup?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Almost can't believe I'm asking that... but being as either a turbo or small block swap is way outta my price range at the moment... I'm kinda left with very few options for some go-fast help. Anyways, I'm running an L28 moderately build up dropped in a '72, with SU's. What is the lowest amount I could expect to spend to get a NOS system installed... say from 50-100 hp shot? Would it be hard to install myself and how much could I save that way?

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

If you want to use SU carbs with a nitrous set up it's going to cost you at least 700.00 to do it right, but if you're willing to make some changes, then you can get an intake manifold that runs a Holley 4 barrel downdraft and get a really nice complete nitrious package for 370.00. You can get an afore mentioned manifold brand new for about 265.00 I have seen used manifolds with carb on ebay go for 175.00-250.00

Within the last couple weeks there was an auction on ebay for an SU intake setup for nitrous. I had seen it come up several times. Here is the link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866640046&ssPageName=ADME:B:DS:US:3

Since this last auction I linked to, it hasn't come back up. You may be able to email him and ask how much he'll take for it. Hope it helps.

Guest Anonymous

Do you want to go with port nitrous or a couple of single foggers? The port nitrous with everything to do it right will set you back around 1500 or so.A couple of single foggers in youe SU`s could be done for around 1000 . this includes ignition upgrade with retard built into it a window switch to turn the nitrous on at a set rpm , full throttle switch and a bottle heater set up with a pressure sensitive valve not just a themostat. With a stock parts bottom end and a pretty big cam and headers i ran 12.55@110 with really crappy Volvo CIS . this is with a dual stage 100 shot to the wheels.....have fun.The really cool part about doing a nitrous setup first is that if you ever do decide to turbo later you have the makings of a very fast car.Oh check Mitsubishi Eclipse/Dimamond Star web sites those guys are always blowing up there motors on nitrous you might be able to pick up a kit fairly cheap.