HybridZ

throttle body hookups

Guest TAlchemist

Guest TAlchemist

ok i searched for a while and couldnt find anything so i decided to ask you guys.

i have reinstalled the engine into my 78 280z and am trying to connect all the vacum connections. unfortunately i couldnt label the old ones had dry rotted and been chewed by a rat.

i need to know where the dashpot connects to, the lower front vacum and the lower rear vacum.

i got the valve cover and cold start valve right i think.

thanks

Guest TAlchemist

does anyone even know what all the vacum lines on the throttle body go to?

mainly i need to know which one goes to distributor and which to fuel regulator

Guest Anonymous

The dash pot on the throttle body with a nippel on it doesn't have a vaccume hose on it. The fuel psi. regulator should have manifold vaccume. The distributor should have port vaccume.(lower on the side of the throttle body)

Guest TAlchemist

thank you so much that is what i was about to just hook up and check....

thanks now i just got to get the injectors and fuel pump going and i will be running

Guest Anonymous

Check to see if you have power at the fuel pump using a test light with the key on.This is where a fuel psi. gague would be extremely usefull.This will let you know if you have fuel supplied to the fuel rail instantly and at what psi. To see if you have injector pulse use a "noid light", they cost about 7.00 but a fuel psi. gague will cost a bit more about 160.00 if you can find one for less, more power to you.

Guest TAlchemist

ok i got a noid light and am getting pulse but i dont know if i have the injectors wired correctly cause isnt one side suposed to go to one wire?

i had to put on new pigtails with no way to know which side is which. And the fuel pump began to work, i had some loose harness wires and i got it running, now my starter died.