HybridZ

doing rebuild on L28ET for 400chp...P90A ???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

went to the performance shop yesterday and decided on building the L28ET to handle 400hp at the crank.

1 - Is the turbo package ($2,000) from TopEndPerformance worth it?

2 - have the P90A head. i know about all the problems...anyone using this head in high horsepower applications?

AND

even though the lifters arent available has anyone thought about sourcing new ones or sending one out to a lifter manufacturer as a similar one might be available?

3 - any opinions on the PRS8 engine mgmt system from Perfect Power. heard some good things about it. and its around the same price as the SDS. Plus a neat feature is the dual firing program for injectors where you can use smaller injectors.

4 - BW T-5 or NA 5 speed?

plus anything reqd for the swap into my 76 such as diffnt driveshaft or mounts?

5 - are the 280zxt CVs really necessary?

i'm also doing a L28T swap on my 76. i know that if you decide to use the T5 you'll need to get your diveshaft shortened a bit. i plan on using a ZX 5-speed. if you are planning on high hp the cv conversion would be a smart investment because the u-joints tend to snap quite easliy from what i hear.