HybridZ

79' 280zx antenna switch wiring question

Luigimon

Hello Friends,

Currently my Antenna goes to full-mast when in ACC/ON, and down when off. I recently replaced the stereo and saw that the antenna switch was still there connected, however when toggled no response from the antenna. I noticed a lime-green wire attached to a solid blue wire (image attched) of the antenna switch and was wondering if anyone has seen this before and knows what it is or what it could be? I tried looking at the wiring diagram but there is no mention of such a wire. I would really love to get the antenna switch to be functional, as it is awkward to have my antenna full-mast when I have no music playing. Thanks!

post-46188-0-49362500-1412747948_thumb.jpg

alright so I pulled off the lime-green wire and basically when the car is turned to ACC/ON the antenna stays down, but the antenna switch doesn't do anything when I toggle it. So I'm guessing the lime-green wire is just hardwired to ACC and signals for the antenna to go up.

Well at least it's down now...i guess if I want to listen to the radio I can just re-attach the lime-green wire to make it go up