HybridZ

Need help with throttle body

So I just picked up a 1977 280z barn find and the car is immaculate.. For the most part. It's been sitting since the late 80s and everything is there and is in fair condition but the whole throttle linkage set up is toast. I'd like to upgrade to the cable set up with a 240sx throttle body but everything on eBay doesn't have the tps so idk what to do. I know I need a spacer to go with the throttle body but what about the tps. Sorry if I sound stupid but like I said I'm new to this site so idk how this stuff works yet. I've found a couple of after market throttle body's on eBay but none have tps idk what to do

Edited by Madmax603

Ok, For the Z you need an early year tps. Basically its an on off switch. 75-83. Look for Maximas and Datsun 810's, which is the maxima before it had a name. So either head out to the J-yards or go to Autozone and any auto parts store and ask for one for your model year engine. You will need to make the early Year TPS, fit the 240sx Throttle body. The 240sx tps is a Potentiometer. Value increases as its turned. Wont work with stock z ecu.

If you have to have a cable you may have to make something work.  Again head out to the J-yard. Its cheap and if you find something, you can then buy it New.

Other option is to buy the Z, ZX, or Maxima throttle linkage parts you need off of a member on here, Craigslist, or Ebay.