HybridZ

JCI Kit and Oil Pan Removal

Anyone remove the oil pan yet with this kit?  I'm wondering if there is enough clearance to take off past the front cross member without lifting the engine.   I purchased a baffle from improved racing.  Going to get it installed before my next track outing.

It is a fairly easy install, it's just that the scraper is a close tolerance fit and the holes in the scraper allow for enough movement to center it evenly, but also allows for it to hit if not aligned properly, so not just a bolt on & go deal.

After I got my acraper, I told the guys at Improved Racing that the front 2 nuts that are required to fasten the scraper in LS motors running the F-body motor/pan are not in the motor since the windage tray goes from cylindes 3-8 and not the front 2.

The cool thing is that the guys at IR are now including the 2 nuts in with the scraper, so you don't have to go out & source them. I got the nuts a few days later (from them) and put it in.

The key to install was to just snug down the back, middle and front sets of nuts, rotate the crank and check the gap at each spot where the crank is at the scraper, tap it to make small adjustments (front to back) and once it's clear for each rotation, I cranked down the front nuts to hold it in place, reinstall the windage tray & pickup and put the pan back on. Pretty straight forward and I didn't have to do any grinding or adjustment to the scraper itself. Hope that helps.

post-505-0-80035000-1423701787_thumb.jpg

Edited by Savage42

IMG_4015_zps3f7f4aa4.jpg

whew.. Got it installed last night.  Pretty straightforward.  It was a pain to get to the front 2 bolts, but a 10mm ratcheting wrench made it easier.  Pan will slide down and back pretty easy.

Edited by dreco