HybridZ

Triple DelLorto_carbs-Should_I re-jet?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, and I have a ton of questions about my Z.

I have a (prod. date 8/71) 240 Z with a 77 motor and trans mated to a beautiful set of DelLorto carbs. They rock, I love 'em. The question comes to mind that I may need to re-jet because if I dump the throttle, I get lag.

I have a Nismo L( slalom cam, and I have no idea as to what my rocker dim's are. I have the DHLA 40mm carbs, but I have no idea what size jets are in it. I have already spent some cash with CB performance, so I know where to get parts.

My powerband seems to be in the 3500 RPM + range . It pulls great, but I could use some more low end power.What do you think?

Sincerely,

Z 4 Z

There's a book, ISBN 1 901295 64 8, "How to Build & Power Tune Weber & Dellorto DCOE & DHLA Carburetors", Veloce Speed Pro books.

Get that book, then ask for supplemental suggestions. The book will walk you through proper jetting and tuning.

I lived in Naples, Italy for a couple of years and I used to peruse the junkyards there looking for Webers. I brought back many dual sidedraft setups, some from Alfa Romeo police cars. I picked up Weber, Solex, and Dellorto 40mm duals. I was surprised to find that many of the Italian mechanics preferred Delorotos, as I always assumed Weber would be the top dog.

DAW