HybridZ

Zaguar?

Z-TARD

I think I've had an epiphany, or maybe just a brain embolism.... I came across a Jaguar XJ12 while I was searching in a junkyard for a decent SBC to rebuild. I pretty much abandoned the idea of using a V-8 as soon as I saw the V-12 in the Jag. Has anyone done this conversion yet? I realize that it wont be nearly as cost effective as using a chevy motor, but I still think its worth a try simply for the "ooooooh...ahhhhhh" factor. The main problem I see right now is that aftermarket pistons are not available in oversize.This is due to the engines aluminum construction, when its time to replace the pistons, you replace the cylinders as well. I just cant seem to find cylinder liners anywhere on the internet though. So I plan on finding pistons from another manufacturer that are slightly larger than the Jag pistons (90mm), and boring out the liners to match them. I'm still researching it at this point, but I think I can make it work......maybe. I also plan on scraping the fuel injection setup because its probably to bulky to fit in the Z engine bay. I'm going to try the extra complicated route and try to mount 12 individual carbs, most likely from an as yet to be determined motorcycle engine. Probably just an embolism...... bonk.gif

There is stuff out there for the v12. The poms are getting them out to 8.2 lts with over bores and stroking. The price is out of this world though. There is also weber manifolds and individual runer feul injection set ups. Mabye do a search for tom walkinshaw racing. He raced with these engines at le mans. Bob tullis also raced this engine in scca.

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

i payed with the v12 idea also, those can pump up and over 1200hp!!!! more than any 350 ci chevy

stock they do about 300hp. outch. i know. there is a bore restriction in europe i guess, thats the reasion for so many cylinders. i guy was gonna sell me a v12 with trans all running only needed a starter. for $900 i didn't do it becasue the starter was

$2500 bucks screw that!!! they use the motor mostly in off shore race boats, like sigarette boats. they are lighter than 2 sb chvey or ford so they can use 1 motor and produce as much power as 2 sb chvey or ford. here i can set u up with soem sites that may help u with buying any parts!!http://www.falconerengines.com/gtpnew.wav

http://www.falconerengines.com/prod04.htm

there is a junk yard that has jag parts in new hampshire also i think