HybridZ

propane injection

Guest Anonymous

Propane has many advantages as an add on or stand alone system and it is good to see people opening up to it! On diesels it is producing huge power with such a simple system. Nitrous that is run too lean cooks the motor but propane is a fuel so a lean condition is extremely difficult to see happen. I think there are a lot of guys with turbos already using it. rockon.gif It has no hydro carbons and emission tests are improved when propane is added on or used as the primary fuel emission tests become a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

....hmmmmmm,

can you run the stuff through regular fuel injectors?....i've been working on this 12 injector manifold (has 6 inj's 2" behind the original ones)....that are controlled by a stand alone controller on a separate fuel rail....that might be real interesting.....i guess the fuel pressure could be controlled by the regulator on the tank...if it could stay under pressure until its realeased 2"-4" from the cylinder it should really cool things down.....s

The propane goes through an evaporator since the liquid is not as burnable so I don't think a regualr injector wopuld work. Also pressurizing the propane to flow through an injector that opens for a fraction of a second sounds incredibly hard if it is even possible. But trying wouldn't hurt.....unless it blows up that is!!! LMAO malebitchslap.gifmalebitchslap.gif

Guest De Schmaydee

...it was just a thought....the thang...scottie posted looks like the ticket....couldnt really blow the pict up enough to see the dispensers but if they could be adapted to fit on one of my fuel rails (looks like they could) it might be interesting.....could be real bad hittin' 20psi and running outta propane/pressure...though....wonder how often you'd have to change the tank.....if it was only used when i boosted........and the occasional grilled hamburger........s

My old boss was running a propane 1/4 mile car and was using a BBQ tank for several years and the tank lasted the qualifying rounds and 2 to 3 full runs. He had a 472 BB chev in a camaro doing 9's at that time.