HybridZ

GM quad cam V8

Moridin

I'm sitting here looking at the news section of the January 2003 Automobile magazine. It says that GM is going to have a 4.4L 285hp quad cam V8 in the new Pontiac Bonneville GXP. It also has a thing about the new Saturn Ion "Tuner" with its 2.2L Ecotec engine making more than 200Hp. Can anyone smell some new ideas for swaps? I say a the new 4.4L with twin turbos. Anyways, it looks like American automakers may be getting back into the swing of things with performance. Oh, and the LS6 is supposedly going into the Cadillac CTS V-series with close to 400HP. Means more LS6s to be had. Just a tid bit of information I want to share. I'm going to put this in the anouncments to so everyone can see it.

Its nice to hear about the Rodder Friendly LS6's and the American DOHC V8's finally arriving (hopefully proportionally to the older FR cars and their engine bays).

Has anyone seen Jan 03 Issue of Chevy High Perf. Magazine? On page 24 they gave a picture of Chevy's new IRL (Indy Racing League) all alluminum DOHC V8...pretty saawweeeeet! Only 280lbs putting out 675hp in racing form. It was also 3" narrower and 3" shorter in length than the IRL DOHC it is replacing. It's displacement was 3.5L or 214ci.

When I saw that engine all I could think about is when will we see that tech (GM all alluminum DOHC V8 tech that is) trickle down to an RPO in some production vehicle...as in "affordable production vehicle"(?).

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

I have heard the same rumors, but so far I have not seen anything... I'm sitting here looking out of my office at a small fleet of 2004 Grand Prix's.. several of them Competition Group packaged. (paddle shifters on the steering wheel) 255hp 3.8L supercharged engine.) A few weeks ago, I had the GForce show car here on display. (the one you may see in ads deep red colour)

Now I'm certainly not in the know, but I work with the team (oem paint finishes) that is preparing them to be built here in Oshawa. We're building 400 of them now for testing purposes..Nice cars.. quick too..Even the competition equiped cars are no match for my Altima though! hehe flamedevil.gif These guys are not all that thrilled with me showing up at the GM site every day driving my 03 Altima...