HybridZ

fuel cells

What exactly do the rules say? I think that they require a bladder and a container - yes?

If so check out some of the roundy round circle track cells. I thumbed through a catalog and while I'm not sure on sumping and sizing they looked to contain bladders and containers - they also didn't cost as much as I think the Fuel Safe cells do.

I used a Triangle aluminum cell with foam in it for mine. It's rigidly mounted and should pass NHRA type tech but I'm fairly sure it won't pass SCCA. I still need to vent it with a roll-over valve. The one sold by Summit and Jegs righ tnext to the fuel cells does NOT fit my cells return. It's supposed to be a 3/8ths fitting - NOT by my ruler it's not! The roundy round guys have some inline rollovers meant for remote mounting that are like $16 - I'm going for one of those instead...

P.S. How many of those battery boxes do you think would pass real tech? I'm pretty sure most wouldn't in a hatchback. They are supposed to be sealedvented to the outside and I'm pretty sure require a metal container that must be bolted solidly. summit sells an aluminum one that appears to fit the bill - I've got one and it looks decent...

Guest Locutus

My stock truck has an inline one that would fit anywhere, I have it right at the tank but my tank has lots of room since the bed is gutted, But I would seriously consider an inline one they do work, I rolled my truck and no gas spilled out.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I tracked down a roundy round parts place and got one for all of $6! Figured out how that vapor canister works I think any may use it too.

As an aside - took the car to the chassis shop to talk about getting the main hoop moved - they'll do it. Ran out of gas on the way over but had carried a can with 2 gallons in it with me (whew). After I got a date from them to get the car done I hit the gas station for a full fill since the chassis guys said it didn't have to be empty this time.

My "10 gallon" Triangle tank - with close to 2 gallons already in it - took nearly 10gallons and I didn't even have gas up over the foam! This puppy can probably hold like 12+gallons, maybe more if I yanked some of the foam out. This is a big relief for me as I was worried it would be too small at only 10gallons...