HybridZ

Tec II explained

clint78z

For all you guy thinking of EFI more specifically how to tune the Electramotive Tec-II . Sport Compact Car has not written another floof article, you really have have your thinking cap on . If you sit down and understand it some of the proceedures can be applied to other EFI systems . I will probably talk a bit more on this one .

I've read that article twice now... I think I've got a handle on most of it. I figured even if I am going with the easier and simpler SDS a little more knowledge couldn't hurt. The Tech II seems like a truly awesome system if you are looking for the ultimate in programable EFI... I'm interested to see their dyno results...

They've managed to get their subaru impreza 2.5RS to spin all 4 wheels on shifts... scary scary. smile.gif

------------------

"THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE OIL OF THE NON-BELIEVERS"

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

I quite enjoyed there articles on the MR2 project, the SDS is way easier to tune than that . It never hurts to learn other things, if you figure out a system like the TEC II you will see all the extra features . It does have alot of nice features, but the features are not in most peoples budget . First tuning article I have seen on the Tec II, it makes me mad that this type of info is not in the TEC II manual .

Clint I missed their MR2 project, they used the SDS? If you could pass on issue info for that article I'd appreciate it, I'd like to read it.

------------------

"THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE OIL OF THE NON-BELIEVERS"

Drax240z

1972 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

The MR2 project was in quite a few issues, the were shooting for +400hp at the crank . It had alot of what worked and what didn't and all the little problems they ran into . They started with basic upgrades then finally ended up with a boost referenced FPR and they showed how to utne that as well . It had alot of general tuning info . Another excellent maagzine I got was HOT ROD/ CAR CRAFT, and others put all the EFI info into one issue . I will try and dig them out of the tickle trunk for you .

Go to the Accel DFI website and tell them you have a DFI and want an EMIC training manual . This has lots of good info on EFI in general . They sent me it free !! The Accel tuning is alot like SDS as far as tuning is concerned .