HybridZ

sds stuffs

Guest Anonymous

Morgan,

I THINK they shipped the bosch type water sensor. It did fit without any problems.

I went with the 2 bar map sensor. I am using a t3/t4e turbo and expect to run max boost at 17psi(about 350hp). I went with the 2 bar because it really doesn't take more than 350hp to get into the 11s. Which is what I was aiming for with my set up. Carlos (sells the sds) also told me the 3 bar was better suited for race applications, these two circumstances are the reason I went with the 2 bar. I haven't set my boost that high because I am still breaking in the engine. So only time will wether my t3/t4 will generate 350hp at 17psi.

Guest Anonymous

Which water temp sensor did you get? The pipe thread one or the "bosch metric" one? Does the "bosch metric" water temp sensor fit into an existing hole in the thermostat housing? If not did you just drill a hole in the thermostat housing and cut pipe threads in it and use the pipe threaded sensor?

The 'bosch' sensor looks like it'll fit in an existing hole, but I wanna be sure before I order it. And will a stock nissan water temp sensor work? They're all just thermisistors right? All thermisistors are the same aren't they?

Also, any status on the sds deal? It's practically early janurary now! smile.gif I'm holding off on picking up my engine because I don't have the sds yet - hope they don't sell my engine before I get it!

And someone other than scottie answer - did you use the 2 or 3 bar map sensor?

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

i was planning on starting it up again in over the weekend.

i'm on the work computer and all my emails are on the laptop..

you can always be the first!

Mike