HybridZ

wet manifold to dry manifold, should I polish it right up in

I figure this thread could apply to all so didn't stuff it into V8 land.

I'll be swapping my carbed Vic. Jr. for my EFI Vic. Jr. setup sometime here and think I know this answer but want to hear other perspectives on it. Should I now be polishing the inside of my Vic. Jr. as best I can with a dremel etc for maximum airflow as I no longer need turbulence to keep fuel suspended correct?

If so what's the most successful tools/methods for polishing the innards of this intake....usually when I've seen polishing q's asked people advise trying a smaller item first as most rarely finish what they start in this arena. I'm thinking I could take a 1/2 hour per day as my 'break' during studies to progress on this item. If it's only .5% gain or similar I won't do it but if it's significant....

Here's a URL of a setup v. similar to what I"ll have although my heads should be a leg up on their ported L98 (ZZ4) castings and my cam is a hair below theirs so if I hit near their numbers I"ll be grinning ear to ear:-) (note they have no alt and an ee water pump smile.gif

------------------

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Guest Anonymous

the best way i have seen is Extrude Hone the intake. it is the most expensive way, but it will ensure the most even flow in all of the runners. you could probably do it ok with a Dremel, but the big question is can you get to the entire intake path. and what kinda rpms would you be turning? if they will be 5500 or so or lower, i seriously doubt a slight port job would help at all. this is just my 2 cents though.

David, I do and will turn 6-6500 depending on what gear/traction available smile.gif I'll likely just 'sand' it out with emery cloth to just get out any rough casting material and any other rougher areas. I'm just getting finally close to my 'final' motor overall setup which I"ve planned to be quite efficient/power/mpg so thought that might be a detail I should look into. It's a single plane so by hand my access is pretty good. I'm not sure if anyone local does any extrudehoning or if one can duplicate this at all with media blasting....leaning out on a limb here smile.gif

------------------

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.