HybridZ

Door window frames

I have a 75 280z I just bought that is missing only the driver door window glass frame. I have a buddy with a Z salvage yard, but I try to not take parts off his nicer cars. Anybody know what models/years I can get a door glass frame (the stainless piece that forms the upper window track) off of for my 75 280z?

The 75 and 76 are safe. 77-78 are totally different as are all the window internals. The 240 frames are very very similar but will not work. Mounting points are different, but at first glance will appear identical. Don't be fooled. 260's are likely a match to 75-76 as well, but I can't say that one for absolute sure. Wish you were closer, I have a frame for you.

Way up here in Western Canada in Calgary. Glad I helped. Been through this "issue" before.

I should take some pics of the three frame types and post them here with the details of what's different, shouldn't I?

No-you've done enough. I can figure the rest out myself. I will just look at the year/model plates on the door frame and grab the one I need from my buddy's stash. Your info keeps me from taking the wrong one (which would in-waterproof a chassis in his swamp/junkyard). I will source from his riskiest 75 or 76. Thanks!