HybridZ

Going to get the engine tomorrow...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I can't wait! Talk about a big christmas/birthday present (B-day in jan 12th) $1500! that's alota bucks right there! icon_eek.gif Especially for me who will be turning 17! Once it it gets here it's into the garage for disassembly and cleaning/polishing. I am thinking that I will polish the intake and fuel systems, and get a set of the slotted looking valve covers from edelbrock I beleive? so it will all match.

Then I am going to figure out how everything works, so I don't get it in there and go, how do I fix this?

I just hope everything goes smoothly.

Wish me luck

Kris

Next I have to go pick up the tranny...

Hey, where did you find that LT1 for only $1500? I'm trying to search around, so I can get the 240 done as soon as possible. I aslo heard this guy Super280Z say that you can get a T56 for about $400. That's a really good deal. I appreciate the help and good luck, seeing that I am only 17 myself.

Guest Anonymous

Moridin,

I saw the auction on ebay, we got outbid but it still did not meet reserve, we emailed the guy and asked him if we could get it for reserve, he said yeah, it's a 6 hour drive, but I think it's worth it. I found my T-56 for $900, but that is from a friend, he bought it from a guy who takes newer camaros, takes out the new engines and trannies, and swaps in BIGGER ones icon_eek.gif The tranny has a polished bellhousing and only 200 miles on it too icon_biggrin.gif That was a good deal!

Anyway, look on ebay, try to find one that is way below reserve, and if it doesn't get there, ask them the reserve, and if they will sell it to you for that. If you get lucky you'lle find a good one, and a nice person, this guy told me I could even have anything else off of the car ( a wrecked camaro, so I might try to find some extra goodies icon_smile.gif

Good Luck,

Kris