HybridZ

TPI fuel pump/tank questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

O.K. Z hybrid experts, a couple of quick questions:

I read in some of the other threads that a fuel tank from a 1st gen. 300zx would allow room for duel exhaust if centered after spare tire well modification. My question;

Would the in tank pump of this application be sufficient for a mild factory TPI setup(probably 305/t5)? If the pump is not adequate then could an F-body pump be installed in the ZX tank? I read about fuel cells and inline pumps,etc. but if this would work it would take care of several issues at minimal cost. Thanks for any input!

The 300ZX was fuel injected, right? If so, the tank should have the baffles or chambers that are needed. As far as the pump flowing enough fuel, The JTR TPI/TBI book saysthat a high pressure pump from a 280Z is adequate for a 350 TPI. Sounds like a safe bet to me. I tried to retrofit that camero pump into an other tank. Low odds on that one. the f bodies had a strange shaped tank.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Dan for the info! I think the combination would work then as long as the 300zx pump is similar in performance to the FI Z pump. Need to check on the specs for the ZX pump to confirm. Later.